Friends of the Otters
Welcome, prospective friend! We are very excited you are interested in becoming a Friend of the Otters, to help us in building a community around our fabulous LGBT+ inclusive club!
What does becoming a Friend get me?
- A quarterly newsletter — Hear what we're doing first-hand! General information, which competitions we have coming up, our fundraising initiatives, our work with other clubs and organisations - the perfect material to pair with a cup of coffee.
- Invitations to key social events — The Otters throw many fantastic events throughout the year, and as a Friend you'll be able to come along to some of the key ones.
- Invitations to Races and Regattas — Though of course you can come to any race you wish to, from a spectator's perspective some will be far better than others. Who has time to figure that out for you? Us!
- A Friends of the Otters t-shirt — Stylish, fitted, and available in a range of both men's and women's sizes, it's the perfect accessory to wear to one of our events or races!
Who might make a perfect Friend then?
Well, absolutely anybody can be! Here are a few thoughts we had, though:
- Otters Alumni
- Friends, family, colleagues and partners of Otters past and present
- Those not really interested in rowing, but who like us
- Anyone from an agency or organisation we might partner or hold events with
- Those Otters-in-waiting for our Learn to Row courses*
* For you prospective members though, being a friend does not get you fast-track access to one of our Learn to Row courses. You'll remain on the waitlist and be notified separately when we have a course upcoming, then it is still first-come first-served.
Sounds perfect! Make me a Friend!
Hooray! We're so thrilled you'd like to become our friend! You can do so at the bottom of the page, and it is as simple as this:
How much does it cost? — It's a donation of £30 to become a friend for 1 year, from January 2019 to December 2019 **
T-Shirt size — please select the size and cut prior to making your donation to us. You should receive your friend-shirt within 6-8 weeks of signup. If you know an Otter they will give it to you, otherwise it will be posted to you.
** If you want to become a member partway through the year, it is still the same donation - it will all go towards growing our club and making it bigger, better and more inclusive!
We're so excited to welcome you into our wider family, where we'll show you a LOTTER love!
The London Otters Rowing Club xxx